- clean and destemmed banana pepper, sliced
- 6 -9 cloves garlic (2-3 per quart)
- 3 3⁄4 pinches alum (1 1/4 per quart)
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- place pepper rings packed tightly in jars, add garlic, divide alum between quart jars.
- In large pan put one quart vinegar, 2 quarts water, salt to taste and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bring this mixture to boil.
- Boil flats in water.
- Pour boiling mixture over pepper rings in jar, put on flats and rings.
- Let cool and check to make sure they seal.