Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer dessert.
- Peel back bananas and take out 3/4 of each banana.
- Leave remaining banana and peel intact and reserve.
- Slice the cut banana into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add sugar. Stir until it melts and browns lightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Add banana slices and return to heat.
- Sauté until bananas start to brown.
- Add rum, let warm up in pan for 5 seconds, Stand back, then touch a flame to the alcohol.
- Let flame burn out, then remove from heat.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each plate. Place one of the reserved bananas over top of the scoop like an octopus and spoon some of the flambéed bananas around the peel.