Down in South Carolina, I ordered these fantastic Banana Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes. This isn't with buttermilk, but it's very easy and very yummy.
- Beat egg until it's fluffy.
- Stir in milk and butter.
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in frying pan at high heat.
- Pour batter into frying pan, reduce heat to medium.
- Wait about 20 seconds, then lay slices of banana on pancake. Then sprinkle pecans into them. (should cook in a minute of two).
- Flip it over to cook the other side (this side cooks faster).
- Repeat until batter is finished.