Recipe by ladypit
I adapted this from an Old Betty Crocker cookbook. My husband was terribly disappointed when they were all done!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Absolutely DELICIOUS! I used 1/4 cup butter & 1/4 cup applesauce, Splenda & omitted the pecans. Baking time was around 15 min. I got so many mini muffins out of just making 1/4 of the recipe-around 15! So the full recipe makes A LOT so be ready to freeze some! Thanks for such a great recipe. Might try adding some mini choc chips next time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray your mini muffin pans with non stick spray.
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Then add the oat bran and mix well.
- In a separate container combine the mashed banana with the 2 tablespoons water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the banana mix to the butter alternatively with the mixed dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and the pecans.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the muffins start to brown.