Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
From the Yahoo bread machine group. Makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water (70 to 80 F)
- 3 tablespoons butter (cut up) or 3 tablespoons margarine (cut up)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Measure all ingredients, except pecans, into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding bananas with water.
- Process on basic/white bread or fruit and nut cycle, adding pecans according to manufacturer's directions; use light or medium/normal crust color setting, as desired. Do not use delayed-bake feature. Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
This banana bread is fluffy and light as opposed to the usual dense, cake-like banana quick breads. It's not overly sweet or overly banana-ish. I loved it warm with butter or toasted with butter or cream cheese. This is a winner. Thanx for sharing!