Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use this banana topping on ice cream, pound cake, or gingerbread.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 3 medium bananas, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml pecan halves
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet pan. Cook the bananas in the hot butter, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until bananas begin to soften.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize, about 2 to 3 minutes; add the vanilla.
- Add pecan halves just before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, on ice cream, gingerbread, bread pudding, or pound cake.