Use this banana topping on ice cream, pound cake, or gingerbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet pan. Cook the bananas in the hot butter, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until bananas begin to soften.
- 2Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize, about 2 to 3 minutes; add the vanilla.
- 3Add pecan halves just before serving.
- 4Serve warm or at room temperature, on ice cream, gingerbread, bread pudding, or pound cake.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 977.3
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 97.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g