1/1 Photo of Banana-Pecan Spice Cake
2 hrs 15 mins
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. Pecans and chocolate chips add a flavorful twist to this traditional banana spice cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- 3Spread pecans over ungreased baking sheet. Bake 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- 4At low speed beat cake mix, oil, water, eggs and banana 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- 5Divide batter between pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool on racks 20 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- 6Transfer 1 cup frosting to pastry bag fitted with star tip. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread cake with remaining frosting. Pipe rosettes onto cake. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Pecan Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.6
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 384.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 75.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g