Recipe by Ladibugz
These are SO simple, yet delicious! I have to make this everytime my little cousins stay the night. Borrowed my favorite tried-and-true basic pancake recipe and added some tasty zip!
Top Review by Bobbin
These were very tasty and the recipe made a lot. I usually have to double pancake recipes for our family of 7. I doubled this one and I have enough for another breakfast and maybe 2. I did use the most amount of liquid recommended (the 1 1/2 c) and maybe that is why it made so many. Either way, I am just glad that I have a day where I do not have to cook breakfast! ; )
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 overripe banana
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk.
- Start with 1 1/4 cups milk, adding up to another 1/4 cup if necessary, as you mix it with the flour.
- Add the two eggs, vanilla if using and oil, whisking until mixed but still a bit lumpy.
- Peel bananas, placing in a seperate bowl. (You may want to reserve half a banana for the syrup, see below). Mash with fork, then stir into pancake mix.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Heat a frying pan (if it is not non-stick, you will need to melt a bit of butter or oil in it) and when hot, pour desired amount of pancake mix.
- When the pancake starts to bubble on top and is golden brown on the cooked side, turn it and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter. You may need to adjust the heat as pan tends to get hotter as you keep making pancakes.
- Keep the cooked pancakes covered with a tea towel, to keep them warm while you finish cooking the rest.
- To add even more flavor, I use store bought bottled syrup, place 1 cup in small saucepan, add 1/2 reserved banana, in slices, and heat until just warm. The banana adds SO much flavor! I dip the syrup over the pancakes without the banana chunks, but you can do either way.