These are SO simple, yet delicious! I have to make this everytime my little cousins stay the night. Borrowed my favorite tried-and-true basic pancake recipe and added some tasty zip!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- 2Make a well in the center and pour in the milk.
- 3Start with 1 1/4 cups milk, adding up to another 1/4 cup if necessary, as you mix it with the flour.
- 4Add the two eggs, vanilla if using and oil, whisking until mixed but still a bit lumpy.
- 5Peel bananas, placing in a seperate bowl. (You may want to reserve half a banana for the syrup, see below). Mash with fork, then stir into pancake mix.
- 6Add chopped pecans.
- 7Heat a frying pan (if it is not non-stick, you will need to melt a bit of butter or oil in it) and when hot, pour desired amount of pancake mix.
- 8When the pancake starts to bubble on top and is golden brown on the cooked side, turn it and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- 9Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter. You may need to adjust the heat as pan tends to get hotter as you keep making pancakes.
- 10Keep the cooked pancakes covered with a tea towel, to keep them warm while you finish cooking the rest.
- 11To add even more flavor, I use store bought bottled syrup, place 1 cup in small saucepan, add 1/2 reserved banana, in slices, and heat until just warm. The banana adds SO much flavor! I dip the syrup over the pancakes without the banana chunks, but you can do either way.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Pecan Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.9
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 938.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g