Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own variation on Banana-Buttermilk Muffins - I substituted a few things to make it vegan.
Make and share this Banana Pecan Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 89.90 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml sugar (I used Turbinado)
- 4.92 ml aluminum free baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml low-fat soymilk
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml mashed overripe banana
- 14.79 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 7.39 ml ground flax seed
- 22.18 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, and baking soda.
- In a seperate medium bowl, whisk together the water, banana, soymilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cups of a non-stick muffin tin, filling a little more than 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with the pecans, gently pressing them into the batter to make sure they stick.
- Bake until lightly brown on the sides - about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool completely on the wire rack.