Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own variation on Banana-Buttermilk Muffins - I substituted a few things to make it vegan.
Make and share this Banana Pecan Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I used Turbinado)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat soymilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, and baking soda.
- In a seperate medium bowl, whisk together the water, banana, soymilk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cups of a non-stick muffin tin, filling a little more than 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with the pecans, gently pressing them into the batter to make sure they stick.
- Bake until lightly brown on the sides - about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool completely on the wire rack.