Recipe by Sharlene~W
A nice little muffin recipe that came in a flyer in the mail. Use ripe bananas for the best flavor. If you want to make sure your baking powder is fresh, test by mixing 1 teaspoon with 1/3 cup hot water--if it doesn't foam, the baking powder is stale and should not be used.
Top Review by Roxi
OMG! These are a party in your mouth. The banana, pecans, and buttermilk are the perfect combination of flavors. My family loves this recipe and it's been added to my cookbook. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 18 standard muffin pan cups (or use paper liners).
- Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananans until smooth.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and buttermilk into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Do not overmix batter; it should not be completely smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm.