Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe by anjasfood4thought.blogspot.com
- 1 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, pecan nuts, sesame seeds and coconut flakes. Stir in allspice and cinnamon. Add dried fruit and stir until well and evenly mixed. Make sure the dried fruit do not stick together in big batches.
- In another bowl, combine canola oil, mashed banana and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly onto the baking sheet, about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch high.
- Alternatively, use a large cookie cutter and press spoonfuls of the batter into it. Remove cookie cutter. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. The granola bars tend to get brown at the bottom first. Make sure not to burn them. Let cool completely, store in airtight container and keep in the fridge.