Recipe by dojemi
This recipe comes from The New England Soup Factory. Servings depends entirely on the portion sizes.
- 1 lb wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup of whole salted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups light cream
- 3 bananas
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- 3⁄4 cup crushed skorr toffee pieces (found in the baking aisle near chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or beaters, cream the butter.
- Add the cream cheese and Mascarpone and beat until blended.
- Add the sour cream and mix.
- Add the sugar and beat until dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time and incorporate fully after each one.
- Add the vanilla. Almond extract, cinnamon and cream.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked noodles and custard and mix well by hand.
- Spray a 10-inch spring form pan with pan spray to grease.
- Sprinkle a little sugar around the edges of the spring form pan.
- Pour the custard into the spring form pan and place the spring form in a roasting pan.
- Slice the bananas and place around the kugel in a pattern.
- Place pecans around the bananas and sprinkle the entire kugel with crushed toffee bits.
- Place in a preheated 350-degree oven.
- Pour water into the roasting pan to come up half way around the spring form pan. You are creating a water bath for the custard to bake inches This makes for a very moist and creamy kugel.
- Bake for 1-½ hours.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove from the water bath.
- Let cool and refrigerate at least a day before serving.
- Can be served chilled or at room temperature.