Recipe by LizCl
Easy to make and delicious. It has complimentary textures and flavors complete with soft, ripe bananas and crunchy. buttery pecans.
- 1 (18 ounce) pkge. butter recipe cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, eggs, bananas, oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees in 2 9 inch greased and floured layer pans for 33-38 minutes.
- While cake is baking, place 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans and butter in skillet. Cook on medium heat, stirring until pecans are toasted.
- Stir into frosting. Cool. Frost cake.