Recipe by FeelinYummy
This is another recipe from the Plugra European-Style Butter website. I think it would be great on any autumn dessert or on french toast or pancakes. The website says that the bananas should be firm and ripe.
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bananas in 1" thick slices diagonally
- Toast the pecans in a large skillet to bring out the nutty flavor. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Stir in orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Cook and stir for 1-1/2 minutes. Add bananas and pecans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth and slightly reduced.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.