1/1 Photo of Banana Pecan Bread by Tyler Florence
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I saw this on Food Network today and it looks awesome! Two of the bananas are creamed and two are mashed chunky and folded in to give some texture. For an even greater treat, toast the slices of banana bread and dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 3Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture and set aside.
- 4With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for 3 minutes to make a light and fluffy banana cream.
- 5Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- 6Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 7Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated - no need to overly blend.
- 8Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 10Give the pan a good rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- 11Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- 12Rotate the pan periodically to ensure even browning.
- 13Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Bread by Tyler Florence
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3856.4
- Calories from Fat 1717
- Total Fat 190.8 g
- Saturated Fat 94.8 g
- Cholesterol 738.0 mg
- Sodium 3223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 507.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.2 g
- Sugars 261.1 g
- Protein 49.9 g