Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I saw this on Food Network today and it looks awesome! Two of the bananas are creamed and two are mashed chunky and folded in to give some texture. For an even greater treat, toast the slices of banana bread and dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture and set aside.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for 3 minutes to make a light and fluffy banana cream.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated - no need to overly blend.
- Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Give the pan a good rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Rotate the pan periodically to ensure even browning.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
This banana bread recipe is awesome. I have been making it for years, thanks to Tyler Florence. Every time I make it, the family devours it.
best banana bread...this is the only recipe I will use.
This is a wonderful recipe! It seems I've searched forever for the "perfect" banana bread/muffins and have finally found it. I made into muffins, bake 18-20 minutes.