1/1 Photo of Banana-Pecan Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This can also be made using mini-loaf pans, make this a day ahead it's even better the next day! --- bread flour only for this ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar (or use all white)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 118.29 ml sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 large bananas, mashed (do not puree)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml sifted bread flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt (can use a bit more salt)
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-bottom position).
- 2Grease a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl beat the butter with sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- 4Add in eggs, sour cream and mashed bananas; mix well until combined.
- 5In a small bowl sift together the bread flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until JUST combined (do not overmix!).
- 6Stir in pecans.
- 7Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan.
- 8Bake for about 55-70 minutes or until the loaf tests done (tent foil over the top of the loaf if browning too much).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Pecan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3754.4
- Calories from Fat 1694
- Total Fat 188.2 g
- Saturated Fat 82.1 g
- Cholesterol 717.6 mg
- Sodium 3045.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 480.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 245.0 g
- Protein 53.4 g