Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This can also be made using mini-loaf pans, make this a day ahead it's even better the next day! --- bread flour only for this ;-)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar (or use all white)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 118.29 ml sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 large bananas, mashed (do not puree)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml sifted bread flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt (can use a bit more salt)
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-bottom position).
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, sour cream and mashed bananas; mix well until combined.
- In a small bowl sift together the bread flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until JUST combined (do not overmix!).
- Stir in pecans.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 55-70 minutes or until the loaf tests done (tent foil over the top of the loaf if browning too much).
This was the moistest recipe for banana bread I've made. I used non-fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream. This decreased the fat content but not the taste.
Nice not to sweet banana bread. I`m not a fan of banana bread BUT my DD is the expert and she enjoyed it! I did make it in a 9X13 inch pan.
Very nice banana bread! The pecans add a nice texture and flavor to the bread. I used a 9 x 5 glass pan, but the amount of batter was too much, so I baked the remainder in a single serving loaf pan. Baking time for my bread was the maximum given at 70 minutes. Thanks, Kittencal : )