Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can also be made using mini-loaf pans, make this a day ahead it's even better the next day! --- bread flour only for this ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar (or use all white)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 large bananas, mashed (do not puree)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sifted bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (can use a bit more salt)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-bottom position).
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter with sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in eggs, sour cream and mashed bananas; mix well until combined.
- In a small bowl sift together the bread flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until JUST combined (do not overmix!).
- Stir in pecans.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 55-70 minutes or until the loaf tests done (tent foil over the top of the loaf if browning too much).