1/5 Photos of Banana Pecan Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
From Cooking Light website. Something different to make with over-ripe bananas (this is the key to a strong banana flavour--the more spotted the banana the tastier.) The biscotti are very small "baby-finger" sized--probably how they earned a low calorie rating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar and salt and stir together.
- 4In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients: banana, oil, vanilla and egg.
- 5Pour dry ingredients into wet ones along with pecans; stir together.
- 6Flour a board and turn dough out onto it. Form two 8-inch logs. Put onto cookie sheet and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 23 minutes.Turn oven down to 250°F.
- 8Remove logs from cookie sheet and cool for 10 minutes.
- 9Then cut into about 1/2 inch slices and bake 15 minutes at 250°F.
- 10Turn biscotti over and bake another 15 minutes.
- 11*Biscotti will still be soft but will harden as they cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g