From Cooking Light website. Something different to make with over-ripe bananas (this is the key to a strong banana flavour--the more spotted the banana the tastier.) The biscotti are very small "baby-finger" sized--probably how they earned a low calorie rating!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar and salt and stir together.
- In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients: banana, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ones along with pecans; stir together.
- Flour a board and turn dough out onto it. Form two 8-inch logs. Put onto cookie sheet and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake at 350°F for 23 minutes.Turn oven down to 250°F.
- Remove logs from cookie sheet and cool for 10 minutes.
- Then cut into about 1/2 inch slices and bake 15 minutes at 250°F.
- Turn biscotti over and bake another 15 minutes.
- *Biscotti will still be soft but will harden as they cool.