1/5 Photos of Banana Pecan Biscotti
1 hr 25 mins
From Cooking Light website. Something different to make with over-ripe bananas (this is the key to a strong banana flavour--the more spotted the banana the tastier.) The biscotti are very small "baby-finger" sized--probably how they earned a low calorie rating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease your cookie sheet.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar and salt and stir together.
- 4In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients: banana, oil, vanilla and egg.
- 5Pour dry ingredients into wet ones along with pecans; stir together.
- 6Flour a board and turn dough out onto it. Form two 8-inch logs. Put onto cookie sheet and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 23 minutes.Turn oven down to 250°F.
- 8Remove logs from cookie sheet and cool for 10 minutes.
- 9Then cut into about 1/2 inch slices and bake 15 minutes at 250°F.
- 10Turn biscotti over and bake another 15 minutes.
- 11*Biscotti will still be soft but will harden as they cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pecan Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g