This bread is the best banana bread I have ever made. I didn't have enough of the ingredients I needed for banana bread so I improvised and the outcome was wonderful! I have to post this one so I will remember how to make it again. Entire family loved it.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 3.69 ml orange extract
- 2 bananas (very ripe)
- 425.24 g candiced canned pears (drained)
- 709.77 ml flour
- 12.32 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 158.51 ml chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, Splenda, vanilla, orange extract, and eggs.
- Put into your blender 2 peeled bananas and half the can of pears (not juice). Puree.
- Stop blender and add cinnamon and enough pears to equal 2 cups of puree total. Blend again until all is smooth.
- Add the flour, soda and salt to the bowl of creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Now add the fruit puree and the sour cream to the mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Scoop half the batter into each loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour test center of loaf with a toothpick, if it comes out clean your bread is done, if not bake another 10 minutes and try again.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This made for a lovely cake, I did a half batch and used dried nectarines in place of dates, lovely & moist & lasted well for a few days. Thanks for posting!
My 1st attempt at this (a small loaf set of 8) didn't want to set up. The baby loaves just kept a soggy texture no matter how long I cooked them. I wasn't sure if it was the liners or just the mix so I did away with the liners & added maybe 1 cup of oatmeal to help the texture. This batch turned out nice after cooking about 35 mins. Then the next 2 batches I added a little more oats & som chocolate chips. Yumm! my family likes them too but they are to hand out to the neighbors so they can't have anymore, (only the squishy one's). Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of using my pears.
Superb! I didn't use the Splenda...just used sugar instead. We loved it...it's much lighter than most fruit breads...I baked it for 70 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks very much!