Recipe by Some1sGrandma
This bread is the best banana bread I have ever made. I didn't have enough of the ingredients I needed for banana bread so I improvised and the outcome was wonderful! I have to post this one so I will remember how to make it again. Entire family loved it.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 3.69 ml orange extract
- 2 bananas (very ripe)
- 425.24 g candiced canned pears (drained)
- 709.77 ml flour
- 12.32 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 158.51 ml chopped pitted dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, Splenda, vanilla, orange extract, and eggs.
- Put into your blender 2 peeled bananas and half the can of pears (not juice). Puree.
- Stop blender and add cinnamon and enough pears to equal 2 cups of puree total. Blend again until all is smooth.
- Add the flour, soda and salt to the bowl of creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Now add the fruit puree and the sour cream to the mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Scoop half the batter into each loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour test center of loaf with a toothpick, if it comes out clean your bread is done, if not bake another 10 minutes and try again.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.