1/1 Photo of Banana Pear Bread With Dates
1 hr 10 mins
This bread is the best banana bread I have ever made. I didn't have enough of the ingredients I needed for banana bread so I improvised and the outcome was wonderful! I have to post this one so I will remember how to make it again. Entire family loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 bananas (very ripe)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced canned pears (drained)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 2 loaf pans.
- 3In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, Splenda, vanilla, orange extract, and eggs.
- 4Put into your blender 2 peeled bananas and half the can of pears (not juice). Puree.
- 5Stop blender and add cinnamon and enough pears to equal 2 cups of puree total. Blend again until all is smooth.
- 6Add the flour, soda and salt to the bowl of creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- 7Now add the fruit puree and the sour cream to the mixture and mix well.
- 8Fold in chopped dates.
- 9Scoop half the batter into each loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour.
- 10After 1 hour test center of loaf with a toothpick, if it comes out clean your bread is done, if not bake another 10 minutes and try again.
- 11Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pear Bread With Dates
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: