Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich but healthy smoothie made with bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate.
Make and share this Banana Peanut Chocolate Smoothie, Diabetic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces ice cubes, crushed
- Place sliced banana in freezer for 10 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2, 8 oz servings or 1, 16 oz drink.
Pretty much followed your recipe (& usually leave out any ice cubes), but since I did use a large frozen banana, I did need to add 4 of the ice cubes for better consistency! Worked great for us & made for a very nice tasting smoothie! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits Tag]
I used a frozen banana so I used no ice. It was great. Sweet but healthy :) That was great to start the day. Filling enough. Thanks Annacia :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Mmmm Annacia, this is so creamy it's almost an ice cream. Mine was also made with non fat yogurt as that was what I had on hand and my banana was out the freezer, I keep some for recipes like this. The flavour and the thickness made you feel like you were having something naughty, but it's not. This is one I will be making again, it fixed my craving for ice cream that I had. Thank you for posting. Made for Tis the season for giving 2010