Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From R. Reisman. Haven't made these yet but they sure look yummy!! I'm sure these will be a big hits with kids!
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with vegetable spray.
- In large bowl or food processor, combine sugar, oil, peanut butter, banana, egg and vanilla; mix until well blended. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to batter and mix just until blended. Stir in yogurt and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups half-full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are firm to the touch and cake tester inserted in the center comes out dry.
These really taste good. I make my muffins sugar-free with Splenda, and wondered about the chocolate chips, but I solved that by chopping up some Hershey's Sugar-free candy bars, and using them instead. I loved the three flavors of banana, peanut butter and chocolate! Thanks for posting this!
Delicious! Peanut butter taste was very subtle and banana wasn't overwhelming-the perfect blend of ingredients, came together REAL easy (which is good because I tend to have difficulty with muffin batters)-would recommend it any day!