Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had some bananas that were becoming very ripe so I decided to make a banana bread. I wanted something with a twist so I added the peaches in. Smells wonderful, tastes great! Perfect with a cup of tea!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- butter, and flour for greasing pan
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare a 9x5" loaf pan with butter & flour.
- Cream crisco and sugar together. Add in eggs and blend. Add bananas and peaches until mixed thoroughly. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing a bit in between.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Seriously amazing. Super moist and very satisfying. I used fresh peeled and diced peaches instead of canned, and added water to the batter to thin it out a bit, and it came out great. My batter was enough for 2 loaf pans however, but I poured it into one which created one giant loaf that had to bake for over 1 hr to completely set. Worth it.
This was one of the most moist breads I have ever made. The bananas and peaches together are very nice and the texture is almost like a bread pudding in loaf form :) Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
I enjoy making banana bread, but almost always want to add something more to it, so your recipe here is a real winner for me, both in the preparation & in the eating of it! Absolutely appreciated the inclusion of the peaches & will be making this one again! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]