Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I once had a few ripe bananas and a few ripe peaches which needed to be used. I thought peach banana bread might taste good so combined a few recipes and added a little of my own. My two-year old loves it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, powder and spices. Make well in center.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in oil, vanilla and banana.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches. Do not over mix.
- Divide between two greased 8x4" loaf pans. Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 T cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until tootpick comes out clean.
Delicious. I halved the recipe as I only have one loaf tin, and also dropped the sugar to 1/2 cup. Moist, tasty and fragrant.
Excellent!<br/><br/>I made it with nutmeg, though, instead of all-space (who the heck has "allspice" just lying around? Seriously.)<br/><br/>DELICIOUS! Will definitely make again, and probably add nuts, raisins, or who knows what else.
I modified this recipe slightly. Instead of sugar I used only 1 cup Splenda. I used 2 T of oil, then added 1/3 cup of the juice (not syrup) that comes in fruit cups for the balance of liquid. I used 1 cup of diced peaches/pears and 1 cup of mashed bananas as directed.
It turned out great! I did notice that the fruit pieces settled to the bottom of the pan, and as I only used 1 4x8 loaf pan, it was really tall, and took an hour to cook through. Its a leaner version than I usually make, and turned out pretty good considering the low fat, low sugar options!