Recipe by Montanagirl
I once had a few ripe bananas and a few ripe peaches which needed to be used. I thought peach banana bread might taste good so combined a few recipes and added a little of my own. My two-year old loves it.
Top Review by Boothby171
Excellent!<br/><br/>I made it with nutmeg, though, instead of all-space (who the heck has "allspice" just lying around? Seriously.)<br/><br/>DELICIOUS! Will definitely make again, and probably add nuts, raisins, or who knows what else.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup peach, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, powder and spices. Make well in center.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in oil, vanilla and banana.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches. Do not over mix.
- Divide between two greased 8x4" loaf pans. Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 T cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until tootpick comes out clean.