Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from the What's Cooking Magazine with a small adjustment. Cook time includes cooling.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat first 4 ingredients with a hand mixer until blended.
- Mix flour, baking powder/soda/salt in another bowl.
- Add to banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter in a 9" square baking dish, which was coated with non stick spray.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat peanut butter/icing sugar/milk together in bowl until well blended.
- Spread over cake.
Such a moist and easy cake - perfect for a sleepover with the boys! I whipped this up, cooled and iced it in less than 2 hours - quick work! And they scarfed it down, and I sent them home with the leftovers, 'cause I have the recipe! :D Thanks for sharing, Lori Mama; this was a great and simple, from-scratch cake, that I'm keeping close for those fading bananas!
We loved this cake and it was even better the next day. I may tinker with the sugar in the cake and frosting next time, just our personal taste. Loved the classic flavor combo. Thanks for posting the keeper recipe!
Scrumptious is the best description that I can use about this simple cake. It is easy to prepare and very moist. It is so good, I am going to serve it at a brunch thanking community volunteers at the school where I teach.