Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The original of this recipe comes from this blog: http://bakingpowders.blogspot.de/2010/11/banana-peanut-butter-coconut.html. I loved the idea of combining peanut butter, coconut milk and some sort of chips into a decadent yet not too sinful dessert, so I played with the recipe and this is my version. I hope youll enjoy it!
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄8 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter (for swirling)
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients including the three types of chips.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave the banana for about 2 minutes on high or until slightly melted and fragrant. Add the flax seeds and the 4 tbs of water. Microwave again for 45 seconds. Stir to combine making sure to mash up the banana (I used a fork for this). Add coconut milk and remaining 1/8 cup of water.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until a thick batter has formed (you might need to add a tad more water, but it should be quite stiff).
- Fill batter into a brownie tin or standard muffin tin that holds six muffins. Top either the dough in the brownie tin or each muffin with a bit of the peanut butter and swirl that into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 175°C/350°F for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned and almost set. Baked in a brownie tin this will take longer, probably up to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wow! This is so good! And while I was making it I realized that I was going to run out of regular flour so I subbed in half chestnut flour. Oh, and I only had chocolate chips. But all that being said these turned out fantastic! I love that these have no added oil. I doubled the recipe and made them in an 8x8 pan. Will definitely be making again.