Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Tropical Pie can be topped with fresh whipped cream! A great summer time, Luau treat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups papaya nectar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 prepared baked pie shell
- Combine papaya nectar, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Bring to boil then lower to low heat.
- Mix cornstarch and water to a smooth paste and stir into mixture. Stir until thickened and clear.
- Combine with bananas and pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill. Serve with whipped cream.
Thank you for posting this recipe, it was pretty easy and fun! I had been looking for a fun way to use a ripe papaya that I had handy and came across this recipe. Instead of using Papaya Nectar I used pureed Papaya instead and it came out great! Also added about a 1/4 c sugar because I was worried that it wouldn't thicken enough, not sure it needed it, but it didn't hurt either! Thank you!
mine is still cooling, but i recommend turning the heat up to at least medium, the combined mixtures will then thicken the way you want.
This filling is delicious but mine didn't thicken as I thought it should but this may have been something I did wrong in cooking/cooling the filling. But we still enjoyed the pie! Thanks for sharing!