Recipe by Cook4_6
Organic spelt flour does not change the flavor of the pancake as much as whole wheat, but offers the benefit of additional fiber. With all the processed foods being offered to my kids daily, I thought it might be helpful to get something healthy into their diet as often as possible. No complaint from the kids here!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (not aluminum based)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the liquids.
- Preheat griddle.
- When a drop of water 'dances' on it, pour liquids over flour mixture and stir to moisten.
- Oil griddle. Spoon batter onto griddle in 4 to 6-inch cakes.
- Turn when top side is thoroughly bubbled. Serve immediately.