1/2 Photos of Banana Pancakes With Hazelnut Mascarpone Crème
Hazelnut cream is a delightful and satisfying sweet enjoyed throughout Europe, and in our opinion, Americans will love it equally well. Blending it with mascarpone cheese makes it a winner for spreading atop deliciously rich banana pancakes. This dish reminds us of Dad’s Sunday morning pancakes, but we’ve elevated the presentation slightly above what Dad would have done, enough that it can be served as an elegant part of a casual brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
HAZELNUT MASCARPONE CREME
- 1 tablespoon nutella
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, cream paste (such as Nutella)
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 2 bananas, sliced for garnish
- 1Prepare the hazelnut mascarpone crème:.
- 2In a small bowl mix together mascarpone cheese, hazelnut cream, nutmeg, vanilla and powdered sugar until well blended. Set aside.
- 3Prepare the hazelnut drizzle:.
- 4Place 1/4 cup hazelnut cream in microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Add half and half and stir to combine well. Mixture should be syrupy.
- 5Prepare the banana pancakes:.
- 6Slowly preheat a heavy pancake griddle.
- 7Mix together, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg.
- 8In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add milk, butter, mashed banana and lemon juice.
- 9Mix until well blended.
- 10Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture; mix just until combined.
- 11Batter should be lumpy.
- 12TO SERVE:.
- 13Lay one pancake down on the serving plate. Place a few banana slices on one edge, and spread mascarpone cream on the pancake. Top with another pancake, sliding a few more banana slices between the mascarpone and the top pancake. Top with remaining banana slices. Drizzle with a small amount of hazelnut syrup.
- 15You may also use this sweet and creamy mascarpone filling on bagels. Simply choose a plain or egg bagel (no seeds), slice and toast.
- 16Spread mascarpone mixture on bagel halves.
- 17If desired, place sliced bananas on top and/or drizzle with hazelnut syrup for a decadent topping (may require fork and knife!).
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pancakes With Hazelnut Mascarpone Crème
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.8
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.0 mg
- Sodium 1167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: