Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wayan was one of the chefs at our hotel in Bali. She was great at making these pancakes and happy to share the recipe.
- Mix together the flour, egg, milk and salt thoroughly but gently.
- Heat a crepe pan or shallow non-stick pan and add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Slice one banana lengthways and place in the pan.
- Allow to cook and carameize (about 3 minutes).
- Pour over a quarter of your batter, tilting the pan to get good coverage over your banana slices.
- Cook the pancake over medium heat until holes appear and the top surface is dryish.
- Flip, or turn over with a spatula, and cook a couple of minutes more.
- Repeat 3 more times with remaining batter, butter and banans.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, sprinkled with sugar, and icecream if you wish.
It took me until the last pancake to get it right, but then again I always have trouble cooking pancakes :-)
I think my banana's may have been just a little to ripe because they broke up a bit, and I did have a lot of trouble turning them. Again probably my fault!
Apart from the pancakes being a little odd looking, we quite enjoyed these with ice cream.
Great recipe. Make sure the first side is well cooked before you flip, otherwise it becomes a real mess! I got it right by the last one. Very close to my breakfast memories of Bali.