1/2 Photos of Banana Pancakes
A Recipezaar 2005 adoptee. The original stated that these are good with blueberry sauce. I liked these with real maple syrup, myself. It was stated that the recipe came from a source called "Crazy Plates". *UPDATE* I have upped the amount of banana from 1/2 c. to 3/4-1 cup, due to the helpful reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4-1 cup mashed ripe banana (About 2 lg.)
- 1Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, egg, honey, mashed banana, and vanilla.
- 3Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 4Spray a large skillet or electric griddle with nonstick spray, or brush with butter.
- 5Heat over medium heat.
- 6For each pancake, drop 1/2 cup batter onto skillet, spreading it out to make a 4-inch circle.
- 7Cook until it is lightly browned underneath and bubbles are starting to pop on top. (Check often, as the sugar in these may cause them to burn more quickly; adjust the heat as needed.).
- 8Turn over and cook other side until lightly browned.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10Leftover pancakes can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for quick weekday breakfasts.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 438.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g