Recipe by **Mandy**
I know that there are 128 other recipes for banana pancakes here but this is a little different. It's a Sanitarium recipe & caught my eye because of the addition of yellow split peas??? It's a fantastic way to sneak vegies into the kids, little miss DD ate these up no problem.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Thought this was an interesting & unusual way to put together a batter for pancakes, but surprise of surprises, it really works! I did use a very ripe banana 'cause I wanted the banana flavor to come through a bit! Thanks for this nice breakfast treat! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market tag]
- 1⁄2 cup dried yellow split peas, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana, mashed (or diced)
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the split peas and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, milk & eggs and blend to form a thick batter. Gently stir in the banana.
- Heat the margarine in a non-stick frying pan, pour in approx 2 tblsp mixture and swirl evenly over the base. Cook for 2 mins or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over & cook until golden.
- Remove from pan and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Continue with remaining batter.