Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Papua New Guinea
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 45 g butter, melted
- 2 -3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, add flour and beat until free of lumps.
- Heat frypan with a little extra butter or oil.
- When the pan is hot spoon in desired amount of mixture.
- When bubbles start to appear in the batter, flip over and cook the other side.
- Eat with more bananss sliced on top and drizzled with Honey or with fresh fruit, or a squeeze of lemon/lime and sprinkle of Sugar.
This recipe is amazing!!!! It is super easy to mix up and the pancakes bake up so thick and fluffy! Mmmm, yummy! :)
The banana flavour in them is very nice, it makes the pancakes sweet and goes great with the honey (if youre watching sugar intake, Im sure you could leave out the honey using very ripe bananas).
I made my own self raising flour (adding 1/2 ts baking powder per 1/2 cup flour), but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing a true keeper with us, Lavender Lynn!
Made and reviewed on recommendation of AZPARZYCH July 2011.
These pancakes have a great flavor! Not super sweet but the banana comes through. I topped mine with agave nectar, fresh sliced bananas, and powdered sugar. Made for I Recommend Tag.
These are very good. My son loves them. You can really taste the banana.