Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Papua New Guinea
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
This recipe was terrific! I was looking for a banana pancake recipe that actually had bananas in it, not just on it! I halved the recipe which worked out well. Batter was a bit thick so I added a splash more milk. We had a buffet of toppings: cherries, bananas, nuts, coconut, butter and syrup! We'll be making again! Thanks for posting! (Stacy G made for CQ 2016)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 45 g butter, melted
- 2 -3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, add flour and beat until free of lumps.
- Heat frypan with a little extra butter or oil.
- When the pan is hot spoon in desired amount of mixture.
- When bubbles start to appear in the batter, flip over and cook the other side.
- Eat with more bananss sliced on top and drizzled with Honey or with fresh fruit, or a squeeze of lemon/lime and sprinkle of Sugar.