Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taking a simple "Better Homes and Garden" pancake recipe and kick it up with a banana twist. It simple to make and the kids love to get involve with this one.
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Peel, cut-up and mash bananas and set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients together to ensure uniformity. Combine the egg, vanilla, milk & oil. Add to dry ingredients. Add the banana to the ingredients and mix well. Cook on heated griddle or skillet. Once the top is bubbly and the underside is brown turn over once. Once the bottom is brown remove from heat and top with favorite syrup or topping. Note: Due to the amount of bananas in the mix the pancakes will take longer to thoroughly cook than a normal pancake.
I would've put more bananas for my taste. I also used wheat flour which made its consistency a little thicker. Yum, though!
was great! We added chocolate chips for a little extra surprise.
I love this recipe, the first time I made it I used only one banana because my daughter doesn't like banana in food yet I wasn't going to do two batches so I went with less and it was great. Just made another batch with two bananas and it was overwhelming for me my bananas were really ripe however so may have been it rather than the additional banana. I'd been looking for a staple pancake mix and this will be it with or without banana.