Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorites!
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust consistency (due to banana size) with orange juice.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
This is delicious and easy to make.
This was VERY good! The recipe I usually make uses vanilla yogurt. That combined with the OJ makes for a high sugar content. I wanted to start trying smoothies with plain yogurt to cut down on the sugar. Split 3 ways between me and my boys this is only 10g of sugar. Thanks for an excellent, lower sugar smoothie recipe! We will make this often!
I definitely think that this tasted good, but it was the consistensy that I wish was just a little different. I wanted something thicker I guess. I tryed adding four ice cubes but it didn't help. I DID end up drinking the whole thing though, and surprisingly it really filled me up! I'm still full!