Recipe by Peach01
Makes 12 very moist and not to sugary muffins. Enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
Excellent muffins. I skipped adding any butter or oil and added a small splash of orange juice (only about 2 tsps) just to moisten the batter a touch and the sugar was replaced with Splenda. They came out moist, soft, tender and luscious. The strong flavors and the banana's and pecans with the orange as a light background note. This is a keeper for sure.
- 4 mashed bananas (ripe)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, butter, egg, vanilla and orange rind.
- In a medium bowl, stif together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour the dry ingredients in the banana mixture and mix until combined. Add chopped pecans & stir again.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake muffins in 350 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes of until risen and firm to the touch. Let cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days of freeze for up to 3 months.