Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From my collection of fruit breads.
- 2 bananas, extra ripe
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- Puree bananas in blender (1 cup).
- Pulverize walnuts in blender; combine with flour. baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, orange juice and orange peel until blended.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with puréed bananas.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 325°F oven 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
This had a wonderful orange-nutmeg flavor (used fresh grated). I used a fresh tangelo for the juice/rind. It tastes so buttery (especially considering how little it uses). Thanks Barb, for posting. Roxygirl