Recipe by *Parsley*
The OJ and dried cranberries add just a little something to make it a somewhat different banana bread.
Top Review by Boomette
This is really yummy. I had fresh cranberries so I used that. I cut them in half and used 3/4 cup. I used 1/2 cup splenda and 1/4 cup sugar. I used maybe only 1/4 cup pecans cause that's what I had. I cooked it for 70 minutes and it was perfect. I like the texture and the taste is great. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag
- 591.47 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml salt
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans or 177.44 ml chopped walnuts
- 177.44-236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour one 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chopped nuts, and dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Cream shortening, add sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add mashed banana and orange juice.
- Slowly beat the set aside dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool 25-30 minutes before removing from pan.