Cook1 hr 15 mins
The OJ and dried cranberries add just a little something to make it a somewhat different banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour one 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chopped nuts, and dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Cream shortening, add sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add mashed banana and orange juice.
- Slowly beat the set aside dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool 25-30 minutes before removing from pan.