Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Except for the small amount of fat in the bananas, there is hardly any fat in this recipe, and it's very very refreshing! If you don't have an ice cream maker you can spread the mixture into a shallow pan and freeze, just give it a stir with a fork every 45 minutes, once it gets fairly firm, briefly toss it in a blender to break up the ice crystals and then refreeze.
- 1 cup sugar (can use more)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups orange juice (sweetened or unsweetened, fresh OJ is better to use but bottled is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine sugar and water; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until col.
- Put the bananas in a blender along with the orange juice and cold sugar/water syrup; blend until smooth.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers directions or place in a shallow pan.