1/1 Photo of Banana-Orange Bran Muffins With Pecans and Raisins
Great muffins with no added sugar. Try them for a weekend breakfast warm from the oven or any time you want a quick snack that is good for you. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 3In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, orange juice concentrate, egg and oil.
- 4Stir in bran flakes, let sit about 15 minutes to soften cereal.
- 5In separate bowl, combine flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Add to cereal mixture and stir just until combined.
- 7Gently fold in raisins and pecans. Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- 9Cool 5 minutes in tin.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Orange Bran Muffins With Pecans and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 153.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g