Great muffins with no added sugar. Try them for a weekend breakfast warm from the oven or any time you want a quick snack that is good for you. Yummy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran flakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, orange juice concentrate, egg and oil.
- Stir in bran flakes, let sit about 15 minutes to soften cereal.
- In separate bowl, combine flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to cereal mixture and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in raisins and pecans. Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool 5 minutes in tin.
These were great. I used Great Grains cereal. It has raisins and pecans, so I ommited the extra. I also used egg beaters and AP flour. Very good flavor. Next time, I think I'll make the texas size. YUMMY!