Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't have time for breakfast at home? Try these filling banana-orange biscuits -- They make a delicious eat-at-your-desk choice!. Serve 'em hot with butter, marmalade, or honey. Freeze the leftovers to enjoy later.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, cold
- 1⁄2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Begin by combining the first ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, vanilla, orange juice, orange zest, and milk; stir well. Add to the flour mixture, stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of four over your work surface. Turn dough out onto the floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Roll the dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Transfer biscuits to a baking sheet that was coated with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.