Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe as a dip for chips and as a topping for salads, especially a nice grilled salmon salad. I just chopped the vegetables smaller for the salsa.
- 2 ripe bananas or 2 plantains, coarsely chopped
- 1 florida avocado, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced yellow bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 finely diced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- garlic powder, to taste
- fresh ground sea salt, to taste
- Mix vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar and spices together in large bowl.
- Add onion, tomatoes and peppers and blend well.
- Add coarsely chopped banana and avocado and toss.