Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Original recipe is from Allrecipes. I think this could also be great if you subbed white chocolate or butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (about 2-3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350'.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, mix to blend and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in buttermilk, bananas, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix to blend.
- Fold in nuts, coconut and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350' for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
This cake is absolutely delicious! It is so moist. The only change I made was leaving out the coconut (BF doesn't like it) and replacing it with more nuts. Thanks!
Delicious and moist! I loved it and easy to make...good directions. Only change I made was to use pecans instead of walnuts, hubby hates walnuts. Everything else, followed exactly. I needed about 45 minutes baking time for it to be done in the middle. Great for breakfast or dessert. Thanks for posting this!