1/1 Photo of Banana Oatmeal Rocks
1 hr 10 mins
Don't let the name fool you! These are cookies that end up soft and tender with a nice crunch from the nuts. I love the flavor comination of the lemon and banana. I personally don't care for rasins, so I use crasins (dried cranberries) This is another great way to use up ripe bananas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (margarine ok)
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins or 1 1/2 cups dried craisins
- 1 cup walnuts (or pecans)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line cookie sheets with non-stick aluminum foil or spray with Pam spray.
- 2For cookies, beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until creamy. Add bananas, egg and lemon peel; beat well. Add combined flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats, raisins (crasins), and nuts; mix well.
- 3Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- 4Bake approximately 10 minutes or until light golden brown. (Do not overbake; cookies should remain soft.) Slide cookies and foil from cookie sheets onto wire rack; cool while preparing glaze.
- 5For glaze, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. (Glaze should be thick). Spoon small amount of glaze over each warm cookie, letting glaze run down sides of cookie. Cool completely. Remove cookies from foil. Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Rocks
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g