Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and healthy; great way to use extra bananas.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 medium bananas (about 7-inch long)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (grind in food processor to desired texture)
- 6 ounces nonfat banana yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- olive oil (spray works best)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, and coat the baking tins with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mash the bananas into a pulp and then combine with the banana yogurt until thoroughly mixed.
- in a separate bowl, whip the egg whites for 3 minutes until they are somewhat stiff and fluffy.
- Then mix the egg whites with the yogurt and banana mixture.
- Finally, add the raisins.
- Now pour the wet ingredients (banana/yogurt/egg/raisin mixture) into the dry ingredients (flour/oats/nutmeg/cinnamon/baking powder/baking soda).
- Mix until just combined (make sure nothing stays dry).
- Fill the muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from tins and place on cooling racks to cool further.