Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Company's Coming 'Muffins and More'. These are really moist and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- In a large bowl measure the first 6 ingredients. Stir to mix. Make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy. Mix in cooking oil, milk and bananas. Pour into well. Stir just to moisten (overmixing will make muffins tough). Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes.
I made this for PAC 2009, and I found this to be a good basic muffin recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written. At first I didn't think there was a lot of flavor to it, but the banana gives it a subtle sweetness. The oats give it a nice chewy texture. Next time, I'd probably spice it up a little with some cinnamon or nutmeg, and maybe throw in a handful of nuts, to make it more to my family's liking. But I will make them again! Thanks for sharing, Sameveel!